A/UX and System 7.0

Kent Sandvik ksand at Apple.COM
Sun Mar 3 08:50:42 AEST 1991

In article <1991Mar01.213402.10109 at chinet.chi.il.us> henry at chinet.chi.il.us (Henry C. Schmitt) writes:
>As there  hasn't been a System  Software update out  since I picked up
>A/UX (well, 6.0.7 but it was mostly  bug fixes), I was wondering about
>A/UX and System 7.0.  Do I need a  special version of  Sys 7 for A/UX,
>if so, is it/will it be part of the A/UX 2.0.1 update?  Can I just use
>Installer to put it into  the  appropriate System Folders?   Enquiring
>minds want to know!

MacOX emulation is provided by a layer that resides between the
Macintosh application and the toolbox ROM and the A/UX kernel. Any
new functionaly, like System 7, has to be taken into consideration in
this layer - it does not help to just install a new MacOS system on
top of A/UX. A/UX 2.0.1 does not have any System 7 features, because
System 7 is not even officially released yet.

Regards,
Kent Sandvik

--
Kent Sandvik, Apple Computer Inc, Developer Technical Support
NET:ksand at apple.com, AppleLink: KSAND  DISCLAIMER: Private mumbo-jumbo