TZ/rmail problems again

Tom Unger unger at mitem.uucp
Fri Mar 29 06:25:48 AEST 1991

In article <1991Mar27.033217.452 at deadzone.uucp> marcelo at deadzone.uucp (Marcelo Gallardo) writes:

>	Help I've lost my TimeZone, and I can't get mail!
>
>	I've checked everything that uucp uses to call or accept logins,
>	and they all have the TZ set prior to executing anything, yet I
>	still get the following message somtimes...
>
>		"TZ=/bin/cat rmail marcelo"

I fixed this when I first got the system and have not had a problem since.
If memory serves, which it may not, it was a quoting problem in the
file uushell.  The last line in mine looks like:

env "TZ=`/bin/cat /etc/TIMEZONE`" /usr/lib/uucp/uucico

If your's is quoted differently that may be the problem.  If your's
is quoted the same then my memory failed and I have no idea what
your bug is.

Tom Unger
MITEM.