Inits, CDEVs and A/UX 2.0

Jon Hamilton hamilton at kickapoo.cs.iastate.edu
Fri Mar 29 02:47:46 AEST 1991

domo at tsa.co.uk (Dominic Dunlop) writes:

>In article <19563 at imag.imag.fr> bordier at imag.fr (Jerome Bordier) writes:
>>
>>Does there exist a list showing which Inits or CDEV are (not) compatible
>>with A/UX 2.0 ?
>>
>>For example SCSIProbe2.01 crashes.

>And SuperClock 3.9 gives a bomb box if it's in your system folder when
>you log in to a 24- or 32-bit Mac environment with A/UX 2.0.  This is
>rather special: nothing else I have fails as spectacularly.  SuperClock
>3.1, which works otherwise, jams the Finder if you attempt to use its
>control panel interface from a 32-bit environment.

Odd, SuperClock! 3.9 works fine for me!  It's given me no problems since
my upgrade to 2.0 (and works equally fine under 2.0.1).

>As to other CDEVs and INITs, I've tried a few freely-available ones, and
>junked them if they fail.  I have not kept a tally.  Currently working
>are Serial Mapper 2.3 (only relevant if you have a Taniwha CommCard);
>DepthGauge 2.0.18; ShortCut 1.0.1 (commercial from Aladdin; good stuff);
>and OnCue 1.3 (also commercial).

>As a matter of interest, can anybody point to a problem-free menu-bar
>clock?

well, if SuperClock! won't work for you (maybe it's conflicting with one
of your other inits , but I run ~15 inits in the 32bit environment...
anyway, the clock with moire also works.  The screensaver doesn't work
properly tho...

--
Jon Hamilton
hamilton at kickapoo.cs.iastate.edu
 " I feel a lot more like I do now that I did before I got here "
   - can't remember who