How do you bring up pathalias? What else will I need?

Alexis Rosen alexis at panix.uucp
Mon Mar 11 07:22:51 AEST 1991

Panix is growing. 660 more megs of disk space. So what do I do with them?
Maintain a local paths file, of course.

I don't need much handholding, but I don't know where to start. I figure I'll
find a copy of pathalias for FTP pretty easily, but what else do I need to
do? What's the most recent version, so I know the one I've got is current?

Are there any A/UX users who have set pathalias up? If so, any gotchas I
should know about?

I figure that at the same time we do this, we should start using deliver and
Smail (as Richard Todd like to say every so often). It's not that we're
unhappy with sendmail, but we need a new local delivery agent- /bin/mail is
rather nastily broken.

Is it possible and/or useful to use deliver with sendmail instead of smail?

Lastly, we're going to become panix.com pretty soon, and sometime soon I'd
like to start putting a few machines up in a "panix" domain. How do I go about
doing this?

Wow. More questions than I've asked in quite some time... Thanks in advance
for any help. Anything useful will eventually find its way into the A/UX FAQ
I'm working (slowly) on.

---
Alexis Rosen
Owner/Sysadmin, PANIX Public Access Unix, NY
{cmcl2,apple}!panix!alexis