A/UX networking kernel

Justin Walker justin at Apple.COM
Thu Mar 28 03:54:56 AEST 1991

In article <92 at g73.UUCP> grant at darkstar.bc.edu (Grant Balkema) writes:
>I'm having no end to problems trying to get a newworking kernel going on
>2.0 A/UX.  I created a nfs kernel by
>/etc/newunix nfs
>then /etc/autoconfig -v -S /etc/startup
>sync;sync;reboot
	First, I always use "newconfig"; this simplifies
        the typing job.  Also, newconfig will run the install/startup
        scripts right away, so that you don't have to do it at startup
        time, and can then use the Mac interface (if that's what floats
        your boat).

        Next, it may be that the numbers you're giving the system may
        be wrong; that is the most likely cause of this kind of hang.
        If you let me know what they are, it may shed some light...

>		grant at darkstar.bc.edu		(617) 552-8722
>		...mirror!g73!grant

Regards,

Justin
--
Justin C. Walker, Curmudgeon-At-Large   *
A/UX Engineering                        |