/bin/mail,rmail

Eric Dittman dittman at skbat.csc.ti.com
Sat Mar 23 09:16:43 AEST 1991

Two days ago my A/UX 2.0 systems locked up and had to be reset.  The
fs check failed and told me to run fsck manually, which I did.  fsck
had problems with /bin/mail and /bin/rmail and wanted to delete them,
so I did.  After fsck finished I was able to boot A/UX.  I mounted
the CD-ROM distribution on /mnt and copied /mnt/bin/*mail to /bin and
then did a chmod/chgrp/chown so the copies in /bin matched the copies
in /mnt/bin.  I then called my mail feed and a file was sent to me,
but when I checked the mail I was told there was none, even though
the appropriate file was in /usr/mail.  I took a look at the file
and found it was an extract of some source written in 68K assembler,
so I figured something was wrong.  I rechecked /mnt/bin and noticed
there were 2 links to mail and rmail (from the count given by ls),
but I don't know where the links are.  What links are missing?

Thanks.
--
Eric Dittman
Texas Instruments - Component Test Facility
dittman at skitzo.csc.ti.com
dittman at skbat.csc.ti.com

Disclaimer:  I don't speak for Texas Instruments or the Component Test
             Facility.  I don't even speak for myself.