more mkfs arcana - floppy disk question.

Alan J Rosenthal flaps at dgp.toronto.edu
Mon Feb 1 19:41:04 AEST 2016

I'm writing a utility that mounts, unmounts, ejects, etc floppy disks, for use
not as root.  I will most probably post it here when it's complete.  What
numbers do I use for the mkfs command?  This is for a/ux 1.1, 800K disks.
This seems to be the place to ask.  Also, how do I calculate the size of the
disk in blocks?  I assume it must be less than 1600.

thanks,
ajr

p.s. has anyone figured out why that dim.c screen saver doesn't work with 1.1?