why has Cray dropped CPP support from cf77?

Ronald S H Khoo ronald at robobar.co.uk
Thu Feb 21 18:53:34 AEST 1991

[ no longer a cray/fortran issue, I think, so followups redirected ]

allison at convex.com (Brian Allison) writes:

> I don't know about Cray, but Convex's cpp has a -pcc switch to force it to
> (quoting the man page) "behave compatibly with earlier preprocessors that
> were not ANSI C conforming."

(Does Convex's .F.o default make rule call cpp -pcc ?)

Hmm, so why did Tom say that he could no longer use cpp for his perl
scripts ?  Surely all he's got to do then is to get perl -P to call cpp -pcc ?
Tom ?

Hmm..  Thinking about it, perl really does need to be told about cpp flags
for -P, doesn't it.  Should Configure try -traditional and/or -pcc and
use them if accepted ?  Not that I've ever used -P, but if I ever do ...

--
Ronald Khoo <ronald at robobar.co.uk> +44 81 991 1142 (O) +44 71 229 7741 (H)