Unix for a 386.

Dr. Scump aland at infmx.UUCP
Tue Aug 15 12:43:56 AEST 1989

In article <36325 at bu-cs.BU.EDU> madd at buit15.bu.edu (Jim Frost) writes:
>You can get a mostly-complete version of Interactive for about $1000.
>It will cost you more if you want NFS and troff, less if you don't
>care about X windows or networking.  ENIX is something like $600-$700
>for the whole system, Xenix is out-of-sight ($2000+ for a usable
>system, something like $3000 if you want troff).
>
>jim frost  software tool & die  madd at std.com

Where have you seen 386/ix for this price?  Please let me know.
Current list for just the OS and development system is $1400.
Their biggest bundle (with X11, TCP/IP, NFS, VP/ix, development
system, and X11 development system) is *$3000*, and that omits
the Text Processing system ($350) and TEN/PLUS ($140).

Even if you get the 1-2 user versions, if you want just the OS and DS
and VP/ix, you're looking at $1450 retail.

Not exactly Microport pricing.

Reference: Interactive 386/ix Suggested List Prices, 1/89.

--
    Alan S. Denney  @  Informix Software, Inc.
         {pyramid|uunet}!infmx!aland                 "I want to live!