Micronics 25MHz problem

Chris Wiener cwiener at crlabs.CRLABS.COM
Sun Aug 20 22:54:46 AEST 1989

In article <6700018 at adaptex> neese at adaptex.UUCP writes:

>>A friend has just upgraded the motherboard in his ISC 2.0.2 system to a
>>Micronics 25MHz board with an ESDI disk controller.  The system boots
>>fine, including the mounting of the filesystems on his 300+Meg drive.
>>But once he tries to log in and the startup script does a df(1), the
>
>This smacks of a floating point problem.  Yes 'df' does use floating
>point to do the percent conversions.  If you have a floating point
>coprocessor in the system, then take it out and try it again.  Just a
>thought.

A better idea would be to call up Interactive's Support People in California
(N.H. people are useless) and ask them for a copy of the "floating point fix
diskette".  This did the job for me after 4 months of playing games with the
N.H. support people, the California office solved the problem in 2 phone calls.
Nice work Alan Yoshida!

Now maybe Interactive could integrate this into their next release instead of
causing everyone to have to ask this question.  A mention in the 2.0.2 release
notes at least!
.
.
.
						Chris
--
Christopher Wiener N2CR                        CR Labs, Fort Lee, NJ
DOMAIN: cwiener at CRLABS.COM                     UCCP: ..!attctc!crlabs!cwiener