Unix for a 386.

ody davidsen at sungod.crd.ge.com
Tue Aug 22 03:09:54 AEST 1989

In article <7186 at megatest.UUCP> palowoda at megatest.UUCP (Bob Palowoda) writes:

|   Some companies (like SCO) sell a two user version with no upgrade path.
|   Remeber the days when unix came as real *unlimited* user system with
|   no other standard.

  Please quote your source for this statement, such as an order number.
I ordered about 40 copies of Xenix over the years, and I have not seen
any such version. If it's available it would be useful, if it's false
you should correct yourself.

|   [pass me the flame thrower please]
|   What happen some got in there and said here's a
|   good market trick.
|
|   [FLAME ON!!]

  Someone noticed that UNIX was being run on all these little machines,
and that it would be nice for a single user PDP-11 to be able to have a
less expensive license, with one user being the console and one for
remote use. Is there something wrong with the idea of having a cheaper
version of something which satisfies the needs of many users at a lower
price? Why the flame?
	bill davidsen		(davidsen at crdos1.crd.GE.COM)
  {uunet | philabs}!crdgw1!crdos1!davidsen