386/ix RFS broken

The Imaginative Moron paul at dialogic.UUCP
Fri Aug 25 06:59:10 AEST 1989

We have several flavours of 386 around here, running 386/ix 2.0.2. We
use ISC Network Connection Facilities (RFS to you and me) to give a
distributed filing system. However, under 2.0.2 the rmount command has
broken.

Under 2.0.2, rmount simply runs and exits, implying it's done the
mount, but it hasn't.  Looking at rmountall, it seems that maybe its
really /usr/nserve/rmnttry that actually does the dirty work, but when
run, this too is ineffectual. Currently, I've hacked rmountall to use
mount rather than rmount, but this means i have to re-mount manually
when the server does a yo-yo impersonation. This is a PAIN.

Does anyone know what's wrong ?

We run RFS across board-based (MICOM) TCP/IP.
--
Paul Bennett			paul at dialogic.UUCP, ..!uunet!dialogic!paul
Dialogic Corp, 129 Littleton Road, Parsippany, NJ 07054 (201) 334-8450 x 194