Problems with RFS...

Dan Rich drich at dialogic.UUCP
Tue Aug 29 04:07:58 AEST 1989

We have found a couple of problems using MICOM-Interlan's RFS on our
386 machines using Interactive's 386/ix 2.02.  I was wondering if
anyone else has had similiar problems, or has found solutions.

First of all, on the last machine we installed the RFS software on, we
would get a "Can't open primary name server" error whenever we tried
to run rfstart.  Now, it looks as though it was just a case of the
file protections being wrong on some of the rfs support files, but we
want to be sure.  Has this happened to anyone else?

Now, for the big problem.  Currently, we have three machines that we
cannot rlogin in to.  Everything is fine with rshl, rcpy, and telnet,
but when you attempt an rlogin, it just says "Connection closed.", and
returns your prompt.  I have talked to technical support at MICOM, and
the only thing they could suggest is to reinstall the package.  Does
anyone have any other suggestions?  I would like to avoid
reinstalation if at all possible (especially after all of the problems
we had with installing 2.02 of 386/ix).

- Thanks
--
- Dan Rich              |                           |   Dialogic Corporation
  drich at dialogic.UUCP   | - Time is an illusion.    |   129 Littleton Rd