Logitech mice 386/ix 1.0.6, VP/ix

Bill Kennedy bill at ssbn.WLK.COM
Mon Aug 21 04:09:45 AEST 1989

I am having problems using a Logitech serial mouse with VP/ix
in 386/ix 1.0.6.  I had similar problems with a bus mouse, that
is why I got the serial mouse.

When VP/ix signs on, it complains that it has trouble with a
serial device and I am unable to load the mouse.com driver.
Both the mtrack40 and comcheck programs fail, complaining that
the mouse driver is not installed and nothing coming from the
COM port (in this case COM1MOUSE /dev/tty00) respectively.  I
do not have the mouse driver turned on in the kernel (took it
out when I switched to the serial mouse) and all three, mouse.com,
mtrack40.exe, and comcheck.exe behave normally when I boot native
DOS.  The I/O card is generic cloneware and works OK with a
terminal or modem.  The machine is a 16MHz Micronics, 6Mb RAM,
pretty much vanilla stuff.

I'd appreciate hearing from anyone who might know what I have screwed
up or what else I might try to get around this.  Thanks,
--
Bill Kennedy  usenet      {attctc,att,cs.utexas.edu,sun!daver}!ssbn!bill
              internet    bill at ssbn.WLK.COM   or attmail!ssbn!bill