Unix for a 386.

ody davidsen at sungod.crd.ge.com
Tue Aug 22 03:14:55 AEST 1989

In article <31830 at ism780c.isc.com> darryl at ism780c.UUCP (Darryl Richman) writes:
| In article <7186 at megatest.UUCP> palowoda at megatest.UUCP (Bob Palowoda) writes:
| "  I really would like to express my displeasure to the marketing bozo's
| "  who ever came up with this idea of 1-2 user versions of UNIX.
|
| Talk to AT&T.  This is their idea.  We wouldn't have bothered with it
| (I believe) if their lawyers hadn't decided to make us do it.  It's
| their scheme and their implementation.

  I doubt that AT&T "made you do it." You say they get a higher royalty
for the unlimited version, why would they force you to offer a less
expensive version?

  As far as I know every vendor who offers the 2 user version also
offers the unlimited. Why do people think that there is something wrong
with having the option of buying something less expensive?

	bill davidsen		(davidsen at crdos1.crd.GE.COM)
  {uunet | philabs}!crdgw1!crdos1!davidsen