ISC ?

David C. Raines davr at hrtix.UUCP
Wed Dec 13 03:38:57 AEST 1989

In article <511068 at nstar.UUCP> larry at nstar.UUCP (Larry Snyder) writes:
>addressed to akcs.larry at nstar - and I still am having some strange problems
>with the kernel needing to be relinked at powerdown - when it's been done on
>on another shutdown. I am using the Hostess board for 8 ports and the normal com
>port as the primary com port - which works (called unix.10 at boot time) but
>after every powerdown my system wants to "re-link" the kernel then after
>rebooting I loose control on all com ports.

Larry, it sounds like you have an old unix that was built without
the Hostess driver sitting in a directory where the system wants to link
it to /unix when rebooting (/etc/conf/cf.d, I believe).  It seems
some installpkgs put unix here, which is different from ISC's kconfig.
Kconfig puts it's kernals in subdirectories to /etc/conf/kconfig.d.
Do ls -li on these dirs and the root dir to match up the inodes,
then remove or rename the old unix.

--
David Raines			TCA  5 National Dr., Windsor Locks, CT 06096
UUCP:  ...!uunet!hrtix!davr