Taking risks on software (ISC)

Larry Snyder akcs.larry at nstar.UUCP
Fri Dec 1 09:28:38 AEST 1989

>I have been very satisfied with the reliability and performance of 386/ix.
>I run NFS, tcp-ip, X11, VPix without any problems.  I have run xenix software

How has the file system managed with complete un-attended power downs?  Try
pulling the plug a couple of times and see what happens.  I've lost the
power a couple of times to this machine (running SCO) and have NEVER lost a
file let alone the ability to boot the machine (which was the case SEVERAL
times when running ISC 2.02).

>My only perk with Interactive is that they don't let me call them when I had
>a problem.  I had to go through my distributer who knows much less then I do

When you call Hollis - you get information that is out-dated..  They were
not aware of the X5 kernel configuration kit 3 weeks after it was released.

>about the product.  Of course, I don't want to have to pay for the ability
>to call Interactive since I already paid $3,000 for my software.

I feel sorry for you spending $3000 for ISC.  I purchased it through the
75% off retail plan (for anyone who want's to be a dealer) and still feel
ripped off.