Which SCSI adapter is better??

Keith Ericson keithe at tekgvs.LABS.TEK.COM
Fri Dec 1 09:44:41 AEST 1989

In article <4976 at macom1.UUCP> larry at macom1.UUCP (Larry Taborek) writes:
<From article <21 at dynasys.UUCP>, by jessea at dynasys.UUCP ( Sysadmin.):
<>
<> I [want to add SCSI to] an Everex 386/16 and would like
<> this to be compatible with SCO Xenix and AT+T Unix.  I  would also like the
<> ability to add an SCSI tape drive in the future and perhaps another SCSI hard
<> drive as well (2 hard drives AND a tape drive).  Can anyone give me any
<> pointers here?
<
<I just posted a rather long article (72 lines) on how happy I am
<with an Adaptec AHA1542 SCSI controller.
<I just can't say enough good things about this controller.

The only downside being that AT&T nor INTEL are delivering a UNIX that can
use the SCSI controller, Adaptec 1542A or otherwise.  It is, in my opinion,
a serious deficiency in their product offerings.

kEITHe