Fast parallel driver for Unix/Xenix AT?

Dr. T. Andrews tanner at ki4pv.uucp
Thu Dec 7 10:41:43 AEST 1989

In article <256 at bahamut.fsc.com>, jim at bahamut.fsc.com (James O'Connor) writes:
) My proposed solution is different from Chip's though.  I don't want
) to see new drivers for old boards, I'd like to see some bright, young
) engineer come up with a new board.
My wish list is a little simpler.  I'd settle for a couple of
one-port para boards if they had some smarts.  I hate like taxes
to pay an interrupt per character with troff heading to a laser
printer.  I even find it bad to pay to drive a lousy dot matrix
printer with my listings, and my fast dot matrix printer is still
in the shop.

Boss reports that he can't find out about any "smart" para boards.
I think even he realizes that it'd pay for itself in a few months.

Surely some enterprising company will invent such a beast, and
will perhaps be good enough to inform me of their products.  (If
you work for such a company, examine the "X-snail" header of this
article or send e-mail.)
--
...!{bikini.cis.ufl.edu allegra attctc bpa uunet!cdin-1}!ki4pv!tanner