Adaptec AHA1542 SCSI controller & h

Terry Hull terry at tah386.manhattan.ks.us
Tue Dec 19 13:38:37 AEST 1989

Somebody wrote:

>>/* ---------- "Adaptec AHA1542 SCSI controller & h" ---------- */
>>
>>We wish to use a 1542 with a high speed CPU.  Specifically, a Cached 25Mhz
>>80386 machine.  What problems, if any, am I likely to run into doing this?
>>I know the 1542 is a third-party DMA board, which implies that it will do
>>it's own thing with the bus.  Will this get me in trouble with the cache?

I had not thought of possible cache problems, but I must confess,
I have a 25 Mhz AMI motherboard running with a 1542 to make this posting.
I also have a WD track buffered RLL controller running, as the SCSI
stuff is just borrowed to see how it works.  In short, I love it and
it works right out of the box.

--
Terry Hull
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Kansas State University