ISC disk driver bug? (Was Disks Hang Under 2.0.2 SCSI add WD1006SRV2)

Larry Snyder larry at nstar.UUCP
Tue Dec 19 11:18:37 AEST 1989

> problem, rather than the system merely hanging, unless "latched" mode
> causes the controller to put data in a location not requested by the
> driver... which seems impossible, since this controller only does PIO
> transfers, and therefore the target addresses in the machine are
> controlled by the IN instructions, not the controller.

Well, I was running SCO Xenix and had the same problems.  I tried to return
the controller for credit - and was told that the controller has not been
approved by SCO so my return would be subject to a 25% restocking fee (this
was from the distributor - Tech Data).

I'm no longer running the controller, like SCO - and am not having any
problems.  The 2372B might not be as fast - but it works.

--
Larry Snyder, Northern Star Communications, Notre Dame, IN
uucp: root at nstar -or- ...!iuvax!ndmath!nstar!root