Locus Computing's XSight: good/bad/otherwise?

Markus N. Richardson markus at ti.com
Mon Dec 18 04:36:21 AEST 1989

>From time to time, I have read comments posted here about the available
MSDOS X Servers but with only casual interest.  Now the boss wants to know
if this is not a viable alternative to running X under UNIX on a 386.

What I would like to know:

	Does XSight support extended memory yet?
	If so, what version of LIM EMS?

	What release of X11 is the latest version based on?

	What display resolutions does it support?

	Does it work with Orchid VGA Designer 800 coupled with the NEC
	Multisync 3D display?  How about with the 3COM C503 NetCard?

	How much floating point does the Server code incorporate?
	Is an 80387 a necessity?

	How buggy is it?  Is there a current buglist?

	How is support from Locus Computing?

	What version are you using?

I ask specifically about XSight because we can get it real cheap. (Don't
tell my boss but my preference is X under UNIX!)

I would like to hear from actual users and beta testers but Locus Computing
is encouraged to respond as well ;-)  Please respond e-mail and I will
post results if enough "me-toos" are received.

Thanks in advance.

--
Markus R.
markus at ti.com

A .sig file?  I don't have any spare inodes!