DMD software on a 386

brianb at marque.mu.edu brianb at marque.mu.edu
Tue Dec 12 06:26:46 AEST 1989

Has anyone ported the DMD 5620 software to a 386 machine? I'm having
a devil of a time with this. I presume I have to define the host
architecture as AR32WR since a 386 is little-endian. Should the
byte ordering still be FBO? I've tried it both ways, and RBO gives
even more problems.

I've noticed there are lots of #ifdefs for 3bs and vaxes. Do I have
to go through and add to these for i386? If so, when is a 386 like
a 3b and when is it like a vax? I've gotten the system to the point
where it downloads the application (say the clock demo) but then it
bombs out immediately with a normal exception.

Help help will be greatly appreciated, as this is really bugging me.
Thanks.

Brian Bebeau				 Marquette University

DOMAIN:  brianb at marque.mu.edu
  UUCP:  {uwm,uunet}!marque!brianb