ISC disk driver bug? (Was Disks Hang Under 2.0.2 SCSI add WD1006SRV2)

Wm E Davidsen Jr davidsen at crdos1.crd.ge.COM
Wed Dec 20 01:17:56 AEST 1989

In article <258D393B.1670 at paris.ics.uci.edu> baxter at ics.uci.edu (Ira Baxter) writes:

| >  Karl Denninger posted a note on jumper settings with the 1006 which
| >could cure your problem.
| >--
|
| There are only two interesting jumpers on a WD1006 according to my WD
| documentation: W1-1,2, handling "latched" mode (unfortunately, the
| docs *don't* say what this does), and W1-5-6, which disables cache
| control.  If the cure is disabling the cache, then the point of buying
| the controller was wasted.

  Sorry I mentioned it. I don't have time to reinvent solutions.
--
bill davidsen	(davidsen at crdos1.crd.GE.COM -or- uunet!crdgw1!crdos1!davidsen)
that the world is flat!" - anon