'R'eply to mail goes to wrong address

Doug Mr-Science Stein dstein at cup.portal.com
Sun Dec 10 06:00:29 AEST 1989

I am having a problem with invalid return addresses being put onto messages
that were sent to me from a remote site.  I apologize in advance if I am
overly (or underly) wordy in what follows; I don't have a good enough under-
standing of mailers to know what might be or not be important.

My site is muleshu, uid dstein, he is tcomeng, uid daryl, Me ELM 2.2 PL14, him
ELM 2.2 PL1.  Basically, all incoming mail from him shows up at my system
as coming from uid uucp-Admin(0000).  [I am running ISC 2.0.2, he runs Xenix
of some kind].  If I make Elm show me the message headers, what I see is: