Questions about Sys V Release 4

krause at uicsrd.csrd.uiuc.edu krause at uicsrd.csrd.uiuc.edu
Fri Dec 15 21:38:41 AEST 1989

A while back there was a little discussion about System V Release 4.
It was generally agreed that it would be available in the first half
of '90 (at least, that was my impression).  Now, I have a couple of
questions:

	o  There was also a hint that it might be "cheaper".  Does anyone
	   know specifically how its pricing will compare to Sys V R3.2?

	o  Is anyone planning an upgrade path from R3.2?  I.e., if I bought
	   ISC right now, would I be stuck in 6 months with no upgrade?
	   And if yes, again, how many $$ are we talking about?

	o  Does R4 include a full ANSI C and ANSI library?

	o  Anyone know when it will _really_ be available?  ;-)

Thanks for any help you can offer.

James Krause

	  UUCP:	 	{uunet,convex}!uiucuxc!uicsrd!krause
	  ARPANET: 	krause%uicsrd at uxc.cso.uiuc.edu
	  CSNET:	krause%uicsrd at uiuc.csnet
	  BITNET:	krause at uicsrd.csrd.uiuc.edu