Installation of Wangtek tape drive for AT&T 3.2.1 Unix

Nguyen Duong - Integrated Communication Services nduong at rhea.trl.oz.au
Thu Dec 28 10:45:32 AEST 1989

Can somebody tell me how to add a Wangtek tape to AT&T 3.2.1? The manuals
seem to suggest that support for that device is built in. However a search
through the /dev directory shows that the device special files are not
there. The command tapecntl (referred to in the User's/System
administrator's reference manual) is nowhere to be found. If I have to
mknod then what are the major and minor device number that I have to use?
Do I have to rebuild the kernel?  How do I tell the system of the irq
for the tape drive?

Please post or email to nduong at rhea.trl.oz.au
Thanks
N.Duong,