/etc/issue choking uucp logins

T. William Wells bill at twwells.com
Wed Dec 27 18:34:32 AEST 1989

In article <1989Dec26.062006.13829 at rancho.uucp> rock at rancho.uucp (Rock Kent) writes:
: HARDER:  Get yourself a copy of a getty source (e.g. T William Wells'
: getty.c copywrite 1989) and hack into it the intelligence to tell the
: difference between different local and remote terminal lines.
:
: NOTE that, although I am running Wells' getty under Microport V/386, I
: haven't tried either of the above stunts and wouldn't bet my system on
: the feasability of either one.  Let us know how it turns out.

It would be trivial to add an option to mine to specify the file
to output instead of /etc/issue. In fact, I'll add it right now;
it was something I was thinking of doing anyway....It's done.

I have a new release of it which I will be submitting to
comp.sources.unix at the beginning of the year. If anyone
desperately needs it before then, I'll send it. But remember: if
I'm answering mail, I'm not writing code.

---
bill at twwells.com