Computone Problems??

Jerry D. Pierce jdp at PacBell.COM
Sun Dec 17 16:47:12 AEST 1989

I'm trying to get a Computone ATvantage 4 port board to work in a
Compaq 386/20e system running Interactive 2.0.2 with 2 meg of ram.
(Yeah, I know, more ram is forthcoming...)

The interactive system is up and running just fine, so I run shutdown
to bring the machine down quietly.  I pop open the cover and install
the computone board (jumper set to int 15) put everything back
together and power it up.  I run sysadm installpkg and pop the
Computone driver disk into the drive (drivers 4.31) and it complains
that int 15 is already in use.  Great.  I take it all back apart
and try setting the jumpers to the next position and removing the
Computone drivers and re-installing them.  No complaints this time,
the box reboots, it tells me that the boards are successfully
initialized...

However, once a getty is respawning, it CANNOT be killed.  I can
edit the inittab  and change the entry to off and then do an init q
which has no affect, I can even do a kill -9 PID and it won't die...

Anybody have any suggestions??

   Jerry Pierce
   pacbell!pbhyf!jdp

PS:
  Yes, the Computone driver disk says it's for the Interactive
  version of UNIX...