gettydefs that allows to read /etc/issue

Larry Snyder larry at nstar.UUCP
Mon Dec 18 23:19:18 AEST 1989

> I am running Interactive 386/ix v2.02 Update 5X and I am using gettydefs
> from Update 5X disk and I am running using pointer to TB8-19200 in
> gettydefs.   I get only "login" prompt  and I want to turn on /etc/issue
> for dialin users to read login information.   I have no problem with SCO
> Unix 3.2 but I am using Xenix-like gettydefs.
>
> How can I turn on displaying from /etc/issue?

I am using the X5 modification (and the Comtrol drivers) and get
/etc/issue out the port on all lines.  On the PEP line I am using
XON/XOFF instead of the suggested "no handshaking" but pushing carrier
detect high (which I will need to change after I switch over to the
Computone board).
--
Larry Snyder, Northern Star Communications, Notre Dame, IN
uucp: root at nstar -or- ...!iuvax!ndmath!nstar!root