Memory requirements for 386/ix

Martin Weitzel martin at mwtech.UUCP
Sun Dec 17 11:09:55 AEST 1989

In article <1989Dec15.043544.19508 at sq.sq.com> lee at sq.com (Liam R. E. Quin) writes:
[many lines deleted]
>* the default sendmail.cf is not very helpful.  You might want to replace
>  sendmail with smail or something.  But hacking mailers is neither

I also had a lot of struggle with ISC's "sendmail" until someone (here in
the newsgroups) pointed out, that one should try to run the installation-
script "/usr/lib/mail.install". Doing so solved all my problems. Thanks
to the poster!

There is one minor flaw in this scripts, that requires you must manually
delete the (upper case) 'U' from the flags (F=....) in the "Mlocal"-Line.
after the installation. (Running the scripts requires, that you are
familiar with terms like "relay host", "domain" aso., but I think that
could be assumed from someone, who wants to link his or her machine
into an UUCP-Net.)
[rest deleted]

--
<<< MW -- email: see header -- voice: 49-(0)6151-6 56 83 >>>