Looking for smart serial ports for Unix

Larry Snyder larry at nstar.UUCP
Thu Dec 14 22:28:24 AEST 1989

> Also I hope Arnet and other manufacturers will listen our comments on
> making ports better and more reliable.  Thank you for your time with
> your commnets...  I have not decide on buying next multi-ports yet...

I found a deal yesterday on a couple of Computone boards - and should
have them in my hands over the weekend and up and running (or should
I say testing) under 386/ix.  One of the boards is an Atvantage, and
the other an Intelleport - and both combined set me back $175.

Computone is sending me the current drivers and we shall see how those
boards run under ix.

--
Larry Snyder, Northern Star Communications, Notre Dame, IN
uucp: root at nstar -or- ...!iuvax!ndmath!nstar!root