ISC disk driver bug? (Was Disks Hang Under 2.0.2 SCSI add WD1006SRV2)

Wm E Davidsen Jr davidsen at crdos1.crd.ge.COM
Tue Dec 19 03:58:53 AEST 1989

In article <258C899B.28434 at paris.ics.uci.edu> baxter at ics.uci.edu (Ira Baxter) writes:

| I use a Western Digital WD1006SRV2 (RLL 1-1 track-buffered)
| controller.  I (and others with 1006s) have seen identical symptoms;
| until I saw this thread, I assumed there was something funny about the
| WD1006.  I have been chasing this problem unsuccessfully even with
| WD's aid.  I conclude the problem is more due to the ISC drivers than
| the hardware.

  Karl Denninger posted a note on jumper settings with the 1006 which
could cure your problem.
--
bill davidsen	(davidsen at crdos1.crd.GE.COM -or- uunet!crdgw1!crdos1!davidsen)
that the world is flat!" - anon