Chips in a Bell HUB card?

Wm E Davidsen Jr davidsen at crdos1.crd.ge.COM
Wed Dec 13 01:35:25 AEST 1989

In article <897 at pmafire.UUCP> dave at pmafire.UUCP (Dave Remien) writes:

| Just at a question, does the Bell Tech HUB card use 16450 chips for
| the serial I/O? Has anyone tried using a HUB card with Jim Murray's asy
| driver with 16550 chips in place?

  Sorry, the chips are not 16550 (I believe they are 8250, but don't
quote me). That question came up two days ago when I installed a HUB
board myself. Worse luck they're soldered in and would be a grade-A
*bitch* to get out.
--
bill davidsen	(davidsen at crdos1.crd.GE.COM -or- uunet!crdgw1!crdos1!davidsen)
that the world is flat!" - anon