Unix Network

Tom Fessler tFessler at palnet.UUCP
Fri Dec 1 11:00:07 AEST 1989

To: Unix Users
From: Tom Fessler

I work for RCE (The Resource Center for the Elderly), a non-profit
organization that has taken on the task of creating a national database
system to track housing, health, and social support services.  The database
is in development and I am looking to find a network solution.  I have heard
recommedations of a Token Ring Network with Migration to AS/400 as well as
the use of a UNIX or DEC VAX System.

This is why I ask for your help.  I need some raw facts as to why UNIX would
be a viable solution.  I am very interested in any replys you might have.
(this is why I called).  Please leave a message or contact me at:

               Tom Fessler
               (708) 577-7070

I would greatly appreciate any input you may have on my dilemma.

Thanks!
Tom Fessler