Multiple CPUs: was: Re: Experience with SCO UNIX 5.3

Wm E Davidsen Jr davidsen at crdos1.crd.ge.COM
Wed Dec 13 01:32:33 AEST 1989

In article <5759 at cps3xx.UUCP> usenet at cps3xx.UUCP (Usenet file owner) writes:

| What product is this? I haven't seen anything in my SCO price lists or
| other info that says they have a multiple CPU product. I remember seeing
| a press release that said they were working on a multiprocessor
| implementation along with a couple of other companies.

  It was demonstrated at UNIX Expo, among other places. WIll handle 386
or 486, although I'm told that the 1st CPU must be 386. This was
developed for the Zenith (I believe it's called the model Z1000)
multi-processor machine. Now that ZDS has been sold I don't know the
status of the project.

  The version I saw at Expo looked really good. Like any multi-cpu
system it becomes outstanding with pipes. I didn't see any info on a
multi-make, although that's one of the best reasons to have the extra
CPUs. I'm not sure thay don't have it, just that I didn't see it.

| Do you know something I don't?

  I guess not anymore ;-)
--
bill davidsen	(davidsen at crdos1.crd.GE.COM -or- uunet!crdgw1!crdos1!davidsen)