Setting up a public access system (help!)

Larry Snyder larry at nstar.UUCP
Sun Dec 24 10:04:35 AEST 1989

> (1) I have looked at Sandy Zelkovitch's XBBS, and it seems like an excellent
> program for someone who wants to run a UNIX-based BBS.  What I would like to
> do, however, is to have a menu-driven system for UNIX neophytes, something
> that will let them read and post news, read and send mail, and transfer files
> without having to worry about learning UNIX.  I think people should learn to

Check into AKCS from Karl at ddsw1.  AKCS is not free, but is very flexible and
appears to do what you are looking for.

--
Larry Snyder, Northern Star Communications, Notre Dame, IN
uucp: root at nstar -or- ...!iuvax!ndmath!nstar!root