Supported hardware (was Re: Use a 386 unix as a home machine?)

Evan Leibovitch evan at telly.on.ca
Mon Dec 25 02:14:36 AEST 1989

In article <3194 at uceng.UC.EDU> dmocsny at uceng.UC.EDU (daniel mocsny) writes:

>Would the kind folx at Interactive, Dell, SCO, ESIX, etc. be so kind
>as to post, at regular intervals, their latest lists of "approved"
>hardware?

I don't work for ESIX but we do sell their stuff. Here is the contents of a
not-so-glossy list included with each ESIX, listing supported hardware.
It may not be huge like SCO's, but suffices for us:

ESIX Compatability list - applies to Release C, as of Sept '89
(typos may be theirs - may be mine - so what?)

COMPUTERS:

AGI 3000D
Acer System 32/20
ALR FlexCache 386/20
AST Premium 386/20
Club American 320C, 325C, 316S, 316SX
Compaq Deskpro 386/25
Dell System 325
Everex Step 386/33, 386/25, 386/20, 386/26, 386IS
HP Vectra RS/25C
Intel 301Z
Joy JS 386/20
Micronics 80386/20
Wyse 32/16

SERIAL PORT CONTROLLERS:
AST 4 Port/AT Plus
Anvil Stallion 8/16, Brumby 4/8
Arnet Smartport 4/8/16
Bell Technologies (Intel) ICC-Multiport 6
Computone Intelliport Multiport
Consensys Powerport 8/16
Digiboard Digicom 4i/4s/8i/8s, Digichannel PC/XM
Equinox Megaport
Specialix SI/16

ETHERNET CARDS:
3COM Etherlink II 3C505
Everex EV 2015
Western Digital 8003E

VGA ADAPTERS (to 1024x768)
Everex Viewpoint VGA
Orchid ProDesigner VGA
Paradise Professional VGA
Tecmar VGA AD
Video Seven VRAM VGA

VGA ADAPTERS (to 800x600)
Genoa Super VGA 5100/5200
Paradise VGA Plus 16
Video Seven Fastwrite VGA

VGA ADAPTERS (to 640x480)
AST VGA Plus
Compaq VGA
Max Logic MX 675/677
Paradise VGA Plus
Renaissance RVGA II
STB Auto VGA, VGA Extra, EM-16
Tecmar VGA
Video Seven Vega VGA

DISK CONTROLLERS
Adaptec ACB 2320, ACB 2322, AHA 1540, AHA 1542A Rev D
DTC 6280, 5680
Everex EV 332
OMTI 5672
Western Digital 1007-WAH, 1007A w/BIOS, 1005-WAH

TAPE SUBSYSTEMS
Cipher ST 125S, 150S-II/90
Everex 811, 833 (with Wangtek 5099)
Overland Data TapeLinx Series

MICE
Logitech Serial Mouse (3-button 200dpi), Bus Mouse
Microsoft Bus Mouse

PRINTERS
HP Laserjet Series II (Included because ESIX includes special support,
including downloadable fonts, for this printer.)
--
  Evan Leibovitch, Sound Software, located in beautiful Brampton, Ontario
          evan at telly.on.ca / uunet!attcan!telly!evan / (416)452-0504