Binary Compatibility

Tim Brown tim at comcon.UUCP
Mon Dec 18 08:57:27 AEST 1989

In article <1989Dec17.095713.16315 at agate.berkeley.edu>, ilan343 at violet.berkeley.edu writes:
> In article <177 at comcon.UUCP> tim at comcon.UUCP (Tim Brown) writes:
> >

> >As to WP50 for unix, I heard it was going to be for XENIX.  If it is
> >indeed for SCO UNIX, then it should work fine on ISC.
> >
> Does WP 5.0 mean that graphics and page previewer are part of the
> package? Short of a X-windows version how would they do make  it work
> for all flavors of UNIX/386?
Any flavor of unix that supports xenix binary compatibility has the
required ioctl calls also to put whatever graphics card your are using
into hires mode.  So, you can be reasonably sure of the graphics features
working on the console at least.  I imagine they would support X for terminals,
but have heard *nothing* on that.

Tim Brown                           |
Computer Connection                 |
(attmail or uunet)!comcon!tim       |