Modem interface speed wronq: IX/386 - Telebit

Geoffrey Leach leach at tolerant.com
Wed Dec 13 02:54:27 AEST 1989

We are experiencing a frustrating problem - anyone out there had the same?

We have Telebit Trailblazers (latest proms) talking to a 33MHz 386/AT running
IX/386 (Interactive Sys.) through a Computone multiport board.  The TBs are
set to answer with a speed hunt sequence that begins at the low end. Interface
speed and uugetty speed are set at 19200.  When I call in with my TB, the
answering modem shows CONNECT FAST/COMP but stty (and performance!) shows
12/2400.

Any ideas?