Console Driver questions

Rick Coupland rick at anasaz.UUCP
Sun Nov 26 02:46:04 AEST 1989

In article <1989Nov22.003520.14232 at daver.UU.NET> dlr at daver.UU.NET (Dave Rand) writes:
>I have been having some problems getting the Pcomm program running under
>Interactive Unix. It seems that the at386 console driver doesn't work
>quite right. To check this, I connected a VT100 directly to the system,
>logged in, and ran pcomm - this worked correctly.
>
>The symptom of this problem is that the boxes surrounding some of
>the messages displayed during the use of pcomm are corrupt. Usually
>the vertical bars displayed on the rightmost side of the box show
>up several characters to the right of their correct position.

I am also running Interactive on a 386 and use the pcomm program.
I ran into the same problem and also noticed that it had to do with tab
characters not being handled correctly.  My solution was to do a
"stty -tabs" befor running pcomm.  I now have this in my .login file
and never see the problem anymore.

--
Rick Coupland	...!{noao!asuvax | mcdphx}!anasaz!rick
(602) 870-3330