Pic on ISC's 386/ix 2.0.2 locks system hard.

John McMillan jcm at mtunb.ATT.COM
Wed Nov 29 02:29:11 AEST 1989

In article <LARRY.89Nov27150018 at focsys.uucp> larry at focsys.uucp (Larry Williamson) writes:
>This happened with our 1.0.6 system as well. When ever anyone here
>runs pic (DWB 2.0), our system would lock up so hard, that the only
>recourse was to power off the computer. I had to remove pic.

	On an ATT-6386 running SVR3.2, the 387 problem is 'fixed' by adding
	the following to '/etc/conf/cf.d/stune' and re-building the kernel:

DO387CR3	1

	I haven't worked with the derivative systems and it might be
	different.  If supported, it should be mentioned in "The System
	Administrator's Guide" under Tunable System Parameters: General
	Kernel Parameters ["Mentioned" is all!], and in
	'/etc/conf/cf.d/mtune'.

john mcmillan -- att!mtunb!jcm -- muttering for SELF... not THEM