Online Manual needed (was Re: ISC vs SCO UNIX review)

Steve Dyer dyer at spdcc.COM
Sun Nov 12 17:28:08 AEST 1989

In article <665 at visdc.UUCP> jiii at visdc.UUCP (John E Van Deusen III) writes:
>According to the November 1, 1989 issue of UNIX International GAZETTE,
>Release 4.0 was running on a 386/486 at the UNIX EXPO tradeshow, thanks
>I believe to NEC, and a pre-release version has been available to both
>ISC and SCO for some time.

Er, it takes a little bit more than a prerelease to ship as a product.
Believe me, productizing it and making it supportable is a lot of work.
If companies like SCO and ISC shipped V.4 out the door anytime soon,
this newsgroup would be even more clogged than it is already with moaning
and groaning about V.4 and the bugs, the omissions, the unsupported hardware,
and the gall of ISC or SCO to take your money, blah-blah, etc.

You should all be glad V.3 is in the bad shape it's in today... :-)

--
Steve Dyer
dyer at ursa-major.spdcc.com aka {ima,harvard,rayssd,linus,m2c}!spdcc!dyer
dyer at arktouros.mit.edu, dyer at hstbme.mit.edu