Questions about 80x86 Unix

Erik Talvola talvola at janus.berkeley.edu
Wed Nov 29 09:35:16 AEST 1989

  I have a couple of questions which will help me to decide about
buying a new system.

	a) Will anyone's (ISC, Everex, SCO, etc.) Unix run properly
	   on a 80486 motherboard (especially the Micronics 486
	   board which I have seen ads for)?  I don't necessarily
	   want 80486 compiler support (yet...), but I just want
	   to know whether it works at all.

	b) What sort of Unix supports the Orchid ProDesigner board
	   in 1024x768 resolution (preferably in 16 colors, but
	   monochrome if that's all there is) under X11?

  Someone wrote me about the last question, but I seem to have misplaced
some mail somewhere.  I believe he/she said ISC supports the Orchid,
but I'm not sure.

  Thanks in advance for replies.  Either post or mail as you see fit -
I read this newsgroup regularly.