ESIX woes.

Bob Palowoda palowoda at fiver.UUCP
Sun Nov 12 10:47:26 AEST 1989

>From article <612 at aablue.UUCP>, by jb at aablue.UUCP (John B Scalia):
> My ESIX saga continues...
>
> I decided to rebuild my entire system, because, *sigh* the boss wanted a
> Dos partition on the drive as well :-(.

  I run dos programs with ESIX on Simul-task on the unix partition.
Why make a dos partition?

[a little stuff deleted]

> At this point, my HDB uucp stuff, which had been operating perfectly,
> became dazed & confused. While I managed to get the routines I needed,
> my throughput dropped down to approx. 230cps. This was also the case
> when I used the TB+ modem with an outside site. Thinking, perhaps, I
> had futzed something during the install, I used "rmpackage" and brought
> the unit back to its old configuration. The HDB was back up to work
> and showed throughput in the range of 1700cps after the net stuff
> was uninstalled.

 Interesting, I installed the tcp-ip and it didn't affect my uucp
throughput (TB+ modem) at all. What baudrate was it set at after the
the tcp install?

> The ESIX people have been of no help; surprise. Is there something in
> the TCP stuff I need to look for? I know squat about networking
> software, but I learn fast if I know where to look. Could the problem
> go away when I connect it to the office net? It takes a little while
> to get cables put in here, but that might happen next week, if I
> scream loud enough.

 Check to see if you have the proper /dev/ttyMxx lines after you install
the tcp-ip package. If not add them to your /etc/conf/node.d/asy file and
make the proper changes in /etc/conf/cf.d/init.base file.

 It had to tell what's going on from the information you gave. I'm
suprised that you get 1700cps from your TB+. Sounds like your lines
are too perfect. Are these numbers from transfering files greater than
lets say 50K bytes?

---Bob

--
Bob Palowoda  pacbell!indetech!palowoda    *Home of Fiver BBS*  login: bbs
Home {sun|daisy}!ys2!fiver!palowoda         (415)-623-8809 1200/2400