Which SCSI adapter is better??

neese at adaptex.UUCP neese at adaptex.UUCP
Fri Nov 17 07:38:00 AEST 1989

>I'm thinking about purchasing a Seagate ST-296N and I would like to know what
>a good SCSI controller would be.  I am running an Everex 386/16 and would like
>this to be compatible with SCO Xenix and AT+T Unix.  I  would also like the
>ability to add an SCSI tape drive in the future and perhaps another SCSI hard
>drive as well (2 hard drives AND a tape drive).  Can anyone give me any
>pointers here?

SCO XENIX 2.3GT supports the Adaptec AHA-1540A/1542A.  Tape support as well.
I don't know about AT&T or what they support.

			Roy Neese
			Adaptec Central Field Applications Engineer
			UUCP @ {texbell,attctc}!cpe!adaptex!neese
				merch!adaptex!neese