Which SCSI adapter is better??

Dave Lyons davely at mcrware.UUCP
Wed Nov 22 10:37:41 AEST 1989

In article <24171 at cup.portal.com> swatt at cup.portal.com (Steven Edward Watt) writes:

> [stuff deleted]
>
>  OBTW:  Does anybody know of some good SCSI tape drives, preferably
>less than $800, > 100MB capacity?
>
>Steve Watt
>swatt at cup.portal.com    ...!ucbvax!sun!portal!cup.portal.com!swatt

	Here at Microware we use a fair number of Archive 2150S drives.
They have a 150MB capacity, can read QIC-24, QIC-120 and QIC-150 and
can write QIC-120 and QIC-150.  We pay around $650 when we buy in 1-2
quantity.  We've had fairly good luck with them (no dead drives or
people cussing out Archive engineers and/or their mothers).  We've bought
around 15 of them so far so on the whole I'd say our experience has
been a 8^) one.

Sorry if I ramble a bit but our software won't post unless there's more
new news than old news.