ESIX woes. (serial performance)

Dave Remien dave at pmafire.UUCP
Thu Nov 16 12:20:08 AEST 1989

In article <1989Nov15.133059.3330 at virtech.uucp> cpcahil at virtech.uucp (Conor P. Cahill) writes:
>In article <6965 at ficc.uu.net>, peter at ficc.uu.net (Peter da Silva) writes:
>> [serial port performance really amazingly bad with TCP up]
>>
>> With Belltech/Intel V.3.2u, with Lachman TCP/IP: when I have TCP running
>> the performance of the serial port drops dramatically, and I get about
>> 1 in 50 characters lost even at typing speeds.

[Conor say 386/IX is similar]

I'm running Bell Tech 3.2 (NOT 3.2u, I'm waiting for that) with Lachman
TCP/IP, NFS, X and both a regular serial port and a Bell Tech ACE card;
I have yet to see any slowdown yet that can't be attributed to a 16MHz
'386 and only 4 megs of RAM. I've got an ENET586 card, for what it's
worth.

--
Dave Remien ++*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+* WINCO Computer Engineering Group
{uunet|bigtex}!pmafire!dave or rzd at inel.gov         "Dave Barry for President"