Problem installing 386/ix

Admin root at shiloh.UUCP
Wed Nov 29 23:22:24 AEST 1989

What type of video card are you running. I just went through a installation that had a old Herc color card. We went through 4 motherboards thinking that we had a compatablity problem. 3 days later, we replaced the old color card with a ega card (video 7) and the system booted just fine.

I have yet to call ISC and report the problem (planning that today). It seems that at some point in the boot-up procedure that ICS looks at something doesn't like and reboots. You were lucky, it never printed anything out to the screen. It would re-boot about every minute or so. Try working with the hardware and see if the problem goes away. By the way - what type of vedio card are you running - This is just for my notes....

Kmoore -- shiloh  Bellevue, WA