Which 386 Unix offers Vga 256 color X-windows?

Rob Peglar x615 rpeglar at csinc.UUCP
Tue Nov 21 06:45:17 AEST 1989

In article <4338 at dell.dell.com>, jrh at mustang.dell.com (jrh) writes:
> Dell has shown its new 1024x768x256 color Xwindows/Motif Server at UNIX EXPO
> and last week at Comdex, this driver is for the GPX Renaissance video card
> and a large monitor, like a 19" Mitsubishi Diamond Scan... very impressive, and those that saw it were impressed.  I do not think anyone else has shown
> a 1024x768 color server yet.

How about a 1280x1024 server?

Control Systems, Inc. (ARTIST Graphics) has had an X server, running under
ISC 1.0.6, for quite a while now.  Now, we have a ISC 2.0.2 server as well.
This server runs an ARTIST TI12 (16 or 256 color) 1280x1024, with optional
VGA module (plug-on, no extra slot).  Many different monitors are supported,
including the one mentioned above (basically any multi-sync up to 108 MHZ
horiz. scan rate).

ARTIST Graphics showed this at X-Hibition '89 in San Jose in June 1989.
We also have (gasp) a DOS version (but this is comp.unix.i386, so I won't
mention it)

Rob
--
Rob Peglar	Control Systems, Inc.	2675 Patton Rd., St. Paul MN 55113
...uunet!csinc!rpeglar		612-631-7800

The posting above does not necessarily represent the policies of my employer.